Jacksonville Youth Soccer Club
As amended at the 2007 General Meeting
Article I Board of Directors
Section 1 The Board of Directors of the Jacksonville Youth Soccer Club, herein called JYSC or the Club, shall be elected from members who have been active in the Club and/or who through their effort have shown the desire to administer the procedures, rules and regulations of this organization.
A. Upon election, every board member shall have a background check. Service on the Board is provisional to passing the background check. The Director of Operations shall be responsible for initiating the background checks for all newly elected directors.
B. Felons are prohibited from serving on the Board of Directors.
Section 2 Those who are eligible to vote in the election of officers (Board of Directors) are the voting membership of the Jacksonville Youth
Soccer Club as defined in the Club’s Constitution
Section 3 The Board of Directors having voting privileges shall consist of the following positions:
III. Vice President Advanced Division
IV. Vice President Recreational Division
V. Vice President Administration
VI. Vice President of Operations
VII. Vice President of Fields and Facilities
Article II Duties of the Board of Directors
Section 1 Administrative Authority: The administrative authority to represent and conduct the business of JYSC is vested in the Board of Directors.
Section 2 The duties of the Directors shall be as follows:
1. Presides at all Board of Directors meetings
2. Provides leadership, inspiration and direction for the Club programs during term of office.
3. Holds remainder of the Board responsible for fulfilling their obligation to the position they hold.
4. Presides over General Meetings of the Club.
5. Represents the Club in affiliated organization meetings.
6. May appoint committees as necessary. These shall be selected from the general membership, where possible
1. Shall be directed by the President.
1. The treasurer shall demonstrate fitness for service in the treasurer position by showing fiscal responsibility through a
financial background check. The Registrar shall be responsible for initiating the background check.
2. Maintain records and receipts on all funds received, obligated and expended or held in trust or savings deposit.
3. Report on financial status of JYSC.
4. Serve as chairperson of the Budget Committee
5. Compile an annual proposed budget in conjunction with the Budget Committee, for presentation to the AGM.
6. Submit financial procedures and recommend policies in accordance with the By-laws and Rules of JYSC.
7. Safeguard JYSC financial records and meeting minutes at the JYSC office, or at his/her home, if there is no JYSC office.
8. Make JYSC financial records and meeting minutes available to voting members of JYSC at reasonable hours.
D. Divisional Vice Presidents
1. In the absence of the President, the following Directors shall preside at Board or General Meetings in order; President
Elect,Vice President of Select Teams,Vice President of Boys, Recreational Division or the Vice President of Girls,
2. Shall be responsible for the operation and administration of the program in his/her division under the general guidelines
established by the Constitution, By-Laws, and Rules and Regulations.
3. Shall appoint and direct volunteers and committees within his/her division as necessary.
4. Shall appoint a uniform coordinator who is responsible for distribution of team uniforms and equipment to Coaches of the
divisions at the start of the season.
5. Will assign players and coaches to teams within the guidelines of the Club’s Rules and Regulations.
6. Shall conduct meetings within his/her division that may be required to administer that division.
E. Vice President of Administration
1. Shall be responsible for maintaining the Rules and Regulations for JYSC.
2. Shall work in concert with the Executive Director and Registrar in maintaining the records of JYSC.
3. Shall be responsible for publications, web site, and public relations for JYSC.
4. Shall chair Disciplinary Committee and preside at hearings of the Disciplinary Committee.
5. Shall be responsible for concessions and oversee the performance of the Concession Manager whose duties are
prescribed by the Board of Directors
F. Vice President of Fields and Facilities
1. Will co-ordinate all maintenance and improvements to JYSC facilities and playing fields.
2. Will appoint volunteers and committees as necessary
3. Will maintain accurate up-to-date written inventory of all physical equipment, and uniforms including current value of said
equipment and uniforms.
4. Submit approved specific lists of materials to vendors, requesting competitive bids on time/date delivery of specified
quantity and quality of equipment.
5. Shall arrange for storage of all Club equipment when not in use.
6. Is responsible for formulating and maintaining a list of equipment/supplies/keys issued and to whom. Is responsible for
the collection of said equipment/supplies/keys at the end of each season.
7. Is responsible for distribution of field equipment prior to the start of play and collection of this equipment at the end of
G. Vice President of Operations
1. Will coordinate and prepare all game and game-related schedules for all Divisions of JYSC.
2. Will do all field scheduling for games.
3. Will establish a list of practice fields, establish approval for their use, and schedule their use by JYSC teams.
4. Will be responsible for the Tournament Director whose duties are prescribed by the Board of Directors. Tournaments and
tournament participation by JYSC teams will be governed under conditions set forth in the Rules and Regulations of the
5. Will be responsible for the job performance of the Director of Referees whose duties are prescribed by the Board of
6. Will be responsible for the job performance of the Site Director(s) whose duties are prescribe by the Board of Directors.
1. Will preside at Board Meetings or General Meetings in the absence of the President.2. Shall be directed by the President.
J. Nothing in these By-Laws shall prevent Board members from assisting each other with their designated tasks.
Article III Other Positions
Section 1 Other positions may be created and established by the Board of Directors. These positions are non-voting positions. These positions may be filled or left vacant at the discretion of the Board of Directors and they may be paid positions at the discretion of the Board.
Article IV Financial Responsibility
A. No one may hold himself out as having authority to bind JYSC to any contract without prior approval of the Board.
B. JYSC will not be bound by any contract entered into by anyone, including its Directors, unless the Board has approved the contract before it is executed.
C. This Article does not apply to contracts calling for payment by JYSC of an aggregate sum of less than $300 during the entire duration of the contract.
D. This Article does not apply to contracts which do not require any payment by JYSC, so long as the contracts are of less than 30 days duration.
E. The Treasurer will have an audit or review of the JYSC financial records by an independent CPA approved by the Board of Directors. This audit/review shall be done not less than once per year.
F. A budget oversight committee shall be formed at the beginning of each seasonal year. This committee shall be comprised of not less than three (3) club members. The Treasurer is prohibited from serving on this committee. This committee will meet at a minimum of once per year with the Club’s review/audit firm to discuss the Club’s monetary policies and record keeping.
G. The Treasurer will file all necessary local, state and federal tax returns as required by law.
H. The fiscal year of the club shall be June 1 through May 31.
Article V Sunshine
A The financial records of JYSC are open to inspection by any of its voting membership upon reasonable notice at the JYSC office during business hours and other times approved by the Board.
B Contracts to which JYSC is a party are open to inspection by any of its voting membership upon reasonable notice at the JYSC office during business hours and other times approved by the Board.
Article VI Incorporation of State and National Soccer Association Rules
A. The Florida Youth Soccer Association constitution, bylaws and rules are incorporated into this document by reference and any issues not specifically addressed by the JYSC Constitution, Bylaws or Rules are governed by the FYSA.
B. The JYSC Constitution and Bylaws are intended to be consistent with the rules governing the Florida and National youth soccer associations, and to the extent that any provisions of the JYSC Constitution or By-laws may conflict with state or national rules, the state and national rules are controlling.
Article VII Ethical Conduct
Every paid or volunteer representative of Jacksonville Youth Soccer Club shall at all times, show respect to, and not disparage opponents, players, parents, coaches, referees, board members, the Club or its members. Above all, every paid or volunteer representative of Jacksonville Youth Soccer Club has an obligation to exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship at all times.
Article VIII Violation of the Law
Every paid or volunteer representative of Jacksonville Youth Soccer Club has the absolute duty to the Club and its participating players, and their parents, to refrain from violating any of the laws of the State of Florida or the United States. No paid or volunteer representative of the Club shall make a material misrepresentation in connection with his/her mandatory Florida background check. No paid or volunteer representative of the Club shall consume alcohol or illicit drugs at any Club facility or consume or be under the influence of alcohol to excess or illicit drugs while acting in his/her capacity as a paid or volunteer representative of the Club.
Every paid or volunteer representative of the Club shall immediately notify the Club of any of the following:
· If he or she is arrested for or convicted of any criminal offense.
· If any parent or child makes a complaint that could be construed as an accusation that the paid or volunteer representative of the Club committed an act of inappropriate physical or sexual conduct on or in the presence of a child.
Further, the paid or volunteer representative of the Club shall immediately notify the Club of any complaints by any child or parent, that another coach, volunteer, child or parent has committed an act of inappropriate physical or sexual conduct on or in the presence of a child, or has committed a criminal offense involving a child.
The Club shall have the unilateral right to conduct an investigation of any such allegations and impose any sanctions which it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. The Club shall also have the unilateral right to suspend, with or without compensation, or terminate or limit the participation of a paid or volunteer representative of the Club immediately, or during or after an investigation, for any violations of this policy.